The history of KLEBER agriculture
Discover the highlights of the KLEBER brand in agriculture
Launch of the KLEBER CROPKER
Launch of the KLEBER TOPKER
KLEBER tubes become 100% BUTYL
Launch of the KLEBER Gripker, the wide 65 series tire for mixed crops and livestock (for tractors from 80 to 200 HP).
Launch of the KLEBER Fitker 70 series, for tractors from 80 to 200 HP.
Launch of the KLEBER Topker, for high power tractors (over 180 HP).
Launch of the KLEBER Traker 85 series, for tractors from 60 to 160 HP.
KLEBER was taken over by the Michelin group.
Urvic, the boxer dog became the KLEBER brand mascot. Many of the adjectives often used to describe this breed of dog, are perfectly suited to the qualities of KLEBER tyres: reliable, strong, efficient.
The “Super Tracsol” is the first radial agricultural tyre to be launched by KLEBER and with this product, KLEBER becomes the European leader in agricultural tyres.
Following a change in the company’s name ( which became “Pneumatiques Caoutchouc Manufacture et Plastique Kleber-Colombes”) the brand became known as “KLEBER”
KLEBER launches the first tubeless tyre. With this development, KLEBER revolutionised the world of agriculture by bringing out the first tyre with a built-in inner tube. The company was very much at the forefront of this technology compared with other manufacturers.
Maurice Herzog on top of the world !
On 3rd June 1950, Maurice Herzog, a KLEBER employee, was the leader of the French expedition to the Himalayas. Together with his friend Lachenal, he conquered Annapurna and raised the French flag, the Club Alpin pennant and the Kleber-Colombes pennant.
KLEBER launches the first agricultural tyre. Back then, the KLEBER agricultural range comprised 18 sizes.
At the end of the Second World War, the company moves their head office to Avenue Kleber in Paris and the company name was changed to Kleber-Colombes. This change in name was also accompanied by a change in logo.
Construction of the French Goodrich Company's factory at Colombes, with the first tyre coming off the production line on 8th December 1911.