ALL ABOUT KLEBER TYRES HISTORY
Over the past century, KLEBER has built a relationship of trust and loyalty with its customers.
Our goal is to help our consumers to save time. We aim at easing your everyday life all year long.
This is why we provide reliable summer, winter and all season tyres products, with a good value for money.
In 2010... Launch of the KLEBER Quadraxer all-seasons tyre.
In 2011...KLEBER celebrates its 100th birthday!
In 2012...New KLEBER visual: starring the boxer!
In 2009...Launch of the KLEBER Dynaxer HP3 tyre
In 2007 ...The boxer makes an official comeback in KLEBER communications.
In 2004-2007...Launch of KLEBER Dynaxer HP2, Hydraxer and Transpro tyres.
In 2003 ...Launch of the KLEBER Protectis tyre.
In 1999-2000 ... Launch of KLEBER Viaxer and Dynaxer tyres.
In 1990 ...New logo, with a stylised tyre.
In 1994 ...First manufacturer homologated for the TWINGO.
In 1981 ...Michelin becomes the majority shareholder.
In 1981 ...Michele Mouton is runner‐up in the World Rally Championship on KLEBER tyres.
In 1969 ...KLEBER equips the Concorde.
In 1960 ...Creation of the iconic V10 tyre (tyre with a radial carcass and a textile band)
In 1951 ...KLEBER revolutionises the tyre world by launching the first tyre with an integral inner tube.
In 1950 ...Maurice Herzog on the roof of the world!
This KLEBER employee, leading the French Himalayan Expedition, conquers Annapurna (8,078 m).
In 1948 ... Launch of the first agricultural tyre: the Tracsol. First KLEBER publicity fleet at the Tour de France.
In 1945 ... Move to Avenue Kleber, Paris. The name is changed to Kleber‐Colombes.
In 1942 ...The Colombes plant is bombed regularly.
Production started again in 1944.
In 1938 ...The company adopts the name of "Colombes‐Goodrich" on receipt of French investment.
In 1935 ...The brand equips the famous Chambord car with its white wall tyres.
In 1930 ...Production of the first aircraft tyre, for the POTEZ 540.
Establishment of the "Société Française B.F. Goodrich" plant in Colombes, France (92).
The first tyre rolls off the production line on 8 December 1911.